Covoid-19 Update: Garage Door Calgary Repair Services will be operating during thepandemic. Our technicians are taking extra precautions to keep you and themselves safe.
Garage Door Installation in Calgary, AB
When to Get a New Door
Even if your garage door is in good shape now, there will come a time when it needs to be replaced. Here are a few signs that it’s time to get a new door.
- Severe Door Damage: If your door has suffered considerable damage after a hurricane or after years of wear and tear, it may be time to get a new one—particularly if you’re planning on selling your property.
- Style Change: If you’ve been making changes to the exterior of your property, you might decide that it’s time to replace your garage door, too. There are many garage door styles out there, and you’re bound to find one that complements your property.
- Large Repair Bill: At some point, it’s smarter to buy a new garage door than pay a steep repair bill. If your garage door is old and costs several hundred dollars to repair, consider a replacement.
Benefits of a New Garage Door
Having a fully functional garage door is essential for keeping your home safe. If your garage door requires frequent repairs or is showing signs of age, it may be time to consider having it replaced. These are some of the potential advantages of having a new garage door installed:
- Fewer repairs. A newer garage door is less likely to malfunction and require repairs than an older one, and will also probably require less maintenance. Replacing your garage door now could end up saving you money in the long run.
- Boosted home value. Having a brand-new garage door can help to increase the value of your house. Newer garage doors tend to work better and last longer than older models, which is appealing to home buyers.
- Improved insulation. Older garage doors tend to be inadequately insulated, which makes them a common source of heat and energy leakage. Installing a brand new, up-to-date garage door will more effectively insulate your garage, which can help to reduce your heating expenses.
- Increased home security. The most important function a garage door serves is security for your home. After all, garage doors are the easiest way to get inside most homes. Having a new garage door with keypad security access can make access to your home more convenient, and will also help to keep you and your family safe.
A trained and licensed garage door professional can ensure that your garage door is installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications. Here’s what a typical installation job might consist of.
- Placing Door Sections: After removing the existing door, the installer puts the new door panels in place. As he works, he connects the door panels via metal hinges and screws.
- Installing Tracks: Next, the installer installs the tracks on either side of the door and inserts the door rollers. He may also install the new garage door opener at this time.
- Attaching Spring Assembly: Lastly, the installer attaches the spring assembly and cables to the garage door. He also connects the door to the automatic opener.
Replacing Your Garage Door
Are you in the market for a brand new garage door? The experts at Garage Door Calgary Repair Services will be happy to help. Our company uses only quality products, so you can rest assured that your new purchase will serve you well for years to come. We provide professional installation of garage doors as well as repair and maintenance services for customers in and around Calgary. We bring more than five decades of combined experience to the table, and you can always reach us with your questions.